Sunday, June 14, 2009

Margherita Pizza


I love making pizza. This literally took 10 minutes to throw together and it was awesome. John and I both love margarita pizza and often order it when we are out. I decided to make it at home and we both really liked this! I didn't use a recipe- rather just incorporated the ingredients that are typically served on margherita pizza. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Pizza crust
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1 plum tomato, diced
Fresh basil, torn, approximately 10 leaves

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 450.
2- Assemble the crust with sauce, cheese, tomatoes, and basil (in that order.)
3- Bake until the cheese melts and the crust is crisp.

3 comments:

  1. Psst... it's "margherita." "Margarita" is the lime and tequila drink served in a salt-rimmed glass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Margherita Pizza... especially with fresh mozzarella, yum!

    ReplyDelete