Monday, March 16, 2009

Crispy Herb Baked Chicken


Awhile back I signed up for daily emails from Allrecipes. I often skim them but for the most part I haven't been thrilled with these emails. However when I saw this recipe for crispy herb baked chicken I was interested. I did change the recipe to yield a smaller quantity as well as to use chicken breasts instead of chicken pieces.

John and I both enjoyed this recipe. However it was lacking in the "herb" department considering that is one of the main words in the title of the recipe. The only herb in the recipe is garlic salt. However I have a habit of dramatically changing a recipe without giving the original a shot. I decided to just make this the way it was stated but if I were to make this again I would add a variety of other seasonings to spice it up a bit. Overall a nice, simple chicken dinner!

Below is what I did for boneless skinless chicken, but the original recipe is linked above.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup dry potato flakes
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease or line with foil a baking sheet or a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.

In a medium bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt. Stir until well mixed.

Dip chicken pieces into melted butter or margarine, and roll in potato flake mixture to coat. Place in prepared pan.

Bake until chicken is cooked through.

2 comments: