Monday, February 23, 2009

Angel Chicken



I am always looking for new ways to make chicken breasts. When I get stuck I often visit Brooke's blog because she has many yummy recipes that John and I enjoy. When I saw her recipe for angel chicken I knew John and I would enjoy it. I did make several changes to this recipe, most notably converting it from a crockpot recipe to a stove top recipe. Below is my adaptation of this recipe- to see Brooke's version just click on the link above. Also, the following is for 2 servings. It does use 1/2 of several ingredients so you could easily double this and not have to figure out how to use up 1/2 a can of soup!

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of butter (Next time I would only do 1)
1/2 packet dry italian salad dressing mix
1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 ounces of onion and chive cream cheese (I didn't weigh it- I just used a spoonful)
1/4 cup of white wine of chicken broth
Cooking spray

Directions:
1- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Cook the chicken under cooked through, remove from heat.
2- Pour the wine into the hot pan and use the back of a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits and pieces.
3- Add in the soup, salad dressing mix, and butter.
4- Stir frequently, allowing to simmer and combine.
5- Stir in the cream cheese and allow to simmer. If the sauce is to thick you can thin it down with water or milk.
6- Add in the chicken. Serve hot over noodles or rice.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so creamy and delicious. Perfect for those cold winter nights.

    ReplyDelete