Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baked Oatmeal


As I mentioned in my last post this is the second recipe I made for John's breakfast meeting. One of my fellow teachers made this recipe for a breakfast last fall and it was quite the hit. I don't eat oatmeal so I didn't try it but I saw a lot of people really enjoyed it. This recipe came from here. I did try it and felt it was pretty good! I'm not a fan of oatmeal so it's hard to say, but it looked good and smelt really good.

Ingredients:
3 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted margarine
2 eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (omitted)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I added this to the original recipe)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
Mix all ingredients together and pour into 13 x 9 inch buttered pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. ( I really disagree with this cook time. I took it out of the oven after 25 minutes, let it cool, and sliced it. It was not cooked. The bottom was mushy. I looked online at similar recipes and they all called for 40 minutes. So, I put the slices on a cookie tray and put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes. MUCH better... so if you make this, definitely keep it in the oven for at least 35 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency)

1 comment:

  1. Thumbs up form my co workers. Thank you baby.

    ReplyDelete