Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shrimp Pomodoro Pasta



Yay! First real entry! Ok so if you don't get Kraft's Food and Family magazine, you should. It comes for free to your house each season. The recipes are easy and normally pretty good. Tonight we tried out a shrimp and pasta recipe. We both really liked it! It was a little too much sauce for us so if I was to make this again I would either make more pasta or less sauce.

1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used the light version)
1 onion, finely chopped (we don't like onions so I used onion powder- I didn't measure, a few shakes)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (we don't like chunky sauces so I used crushed tomatoes)
2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 lb cooked cleaned shrimp
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1- Heat skillet. Add dressing, onions, garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed.
2- Add shrimp to sauce; cook 2 minutes or until heated.
3- Add drained pasta, toss with shrimp and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese

1 comment:

  1. I actually got to eat the very meal this post is about and it was excellent.

    ReplyDelete