Monday, February 19, 2018

Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts


I have been committing to Weight Watchers for over two months now and I am down 18.8 pounds. I am happy with my progress, happy with my fitness (I was really out of shape and am getting back-slowly- to increasing my endurance), and happy with how I feel about the journey. One area I've needed to work to increase my happiness is with my food. I have made great choices but I have missed some of my old comfort foods. I decided I really needed to find ways to work my favorites in (hello cheese... pasta...bread...BACON!) and work to lower the points on these items. This chicken is a perfect example of this.

This chicken was indulgent tasting. The flavor was incredible but the points were low. With the exception of the bacon this is a recipe I always have all the ingredients for on hand so it's an easy weeknight meal. 

4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per breast

Ingredients:
3 slices of center cut bacon
2 6oz chicken breasts (not the thin ones)
2 wedges of Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow cheese
2 tsp grapeseed oil (or any oil)
1/4 cup Cornflake crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1- In a large frying pan cook the bacon. Remove from the pan and crumble. Clean out the pan to remove the grease.
2- Preheat the oven to 375. 
3- Take each chicken breast and slice it in half in the middle so you can open the breast. Do not slice it all the way through, leaving it connected on one side.
4- Spread one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on each breast.  Top with half the crumbled bacon.
5- Close the breast so the filling is covered. Dip the chicken into egg and the cornflake crumbs. Season with salt/pepper/garlic powder. 
6- Heat the oil in the skillet. Add the chicken and allow it to brown. Flip and allow to brown on the other side. 
7- Transfer to an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment