Monday, January 22, 2018

Lightened Up Spinach Dip


I have been making my Knorr's spinach dip recipe for at least 10 years now. I make it for every holiday I host (which is at minimum 3 a year) and for any event I attend. No matter where it goes people love it. So when I first tasted Greek nonfat yogurt and gagged (I'm sorry to all you lovers of it... I think it's so gross haha) I knew it would be the perfect sour cream substitute. I thought of all the ways I could use it and making this dip came right to mind.

Let me just say, this is life changing people. Life changing. The whole entire recipe is 4 points. I've been eating it in 1-2 tbsp servings so I count it as 0sp, but even if you sat down and went to town on the whole entire dip it's still so low in points! I love it for dipping my pretzels, Good Thins "The Corn Ones" crackers, veggies... you name it, I'm dippin' it in this stuff. It's easy to make, it's super low in points, and it's delicious. You must make it now!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

4 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints for the whole recipe (0 sp for 1/10 of the recipe, approximately 3 tablespoons)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups Greek nonfat yogurt
5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and all the water squeezed out
1 packet Knorr/Lipton vegetable soup mix (40g size)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste

Directions:
1- Combine all the ingredients and stir well. Be sure to get the spinach well distributed.
2- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment