Monday, January 1, 2018

Everything Creamy Chicken Bubble Up


Look, I'm not gonna lie... this was so good it was almost TOO good. As I've gotten back on track with my weight loss program the hardest thing for me to adjust to has been serving sizes. I may be physically satisfied from a serving but I'm not MENTALLY satisfied if that makes sense. I want more. MORE! But I'm resisting and sticking to my servings. I know it gets easier with time. Sometimes the brain can take the longest amount of time to adjust to change.

This meal was tempting though, it's just all the things I love in life. Creamy? Check. Chicken? Check. Cheese? Check. BREAD? Check. It was approved by John who was just so happy to see bacon. I mean, bacon and cheese are always a winning combo in the Stephanie Cooks kitchen.

Source: Slightly adapted from Drizzle Me Skinny

5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per 1/6 of the recipe

Ingredients:

7.5oz package of biscuits (This can be hard to find- I sometimes find them in a four pack or I did find an 8 oz package of light crescent rolls to use too)
4 oz softened light cream cheese
2 cups (8oz) cooked shredded chicken
⅓ cup light sour cream
¼ cup light ranch dressing
5 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon (low point bacon)
½ cup reduced fat shredded cheese
4 tsp Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joes
5 cherry tomatoes, diced

Directions:

1- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9x13 with some cooking spray.
2- Cut each  biscuit into 6 pieces each and spread across bottom of your dish.
3- In a bowl mix your cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing and chicken together, add in 2 tsp of everything seasoning.
4- Stir well and spoon on to your biscuits, spreading evenly.
5- Sprinkle another 1 tsp of your seasoning on top.
6- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle your cheese, tomatoes, crumbled cooked bacon and final 1 tsp of seasoning on top and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
7- Serves 6, each serving is approx 6oz

No comments:

Post a Comment