Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies


I make no secret about the fact that nothing, and I repeat, nothing, compares to my love for my cake batter cookies. Since discovering them 3+ years ago they are pretty much the only cookies I make. However a few weeks ago, mid-snow storm, a craving for cookies hit and I just needed them. I remembered this recipe from Cassie's blog and decided to try them.

Well, delicious. Of course. As everything from Cassie's blog goes, I loved them. Will they replace my cake batter ones? No, but they are a good alternative. They are so soft and vanilla-y. Yum! I was out of chips (eeeek!) so I chopped up some chocolate to make the mix needed for these and the bigger chunks were kind of nice in here. I'd definitely make these again!

Source: Cassie Craves

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.

2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment