Sunday, October 12, 2014

Krispie Sprinkle Cookies


Part of me being a horrible food blogger lately is that I have recipes to share with you from... July. July 4 to be exact. Yikes! Many of the recipes in my backlog are not obviously "old" but the red, white, and blue sprinkles in this give me away!

Landon has multiple food allergies and for the most part I bring food with us to every event in case we get somewhere and there's nothing he can eat/will eat (there's always stuff he CAN eat, but WILL eat is another story...) I've started making a dessert he can eat for just about every gathering we attend because dessert can be the trickiest category for him. I brought these cookies to a BBQ and loved them. I love sprinkle cookies and always have, but something about the Rice Krispies gives it a soft, slight crunch. Can't beat these simple cookies when you want something easy but tasty!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup Rice Krispie Cereal
1/3 cup sprinkles

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Mic the cake mix and baking powder together. Add the oil and eggs, stirring well, until smooth.
3- Fold in the Rice Krispies and sprinkles.
4- Spoon 1 tbsp sized balls of dough on a coated baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Allow to cook 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment