Friday, January 17, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies 'N Cream Cookies


Confession: I made these cookies for Christmas in 2012. That's right. 2012. And it's now 2014. So, needless to say it's been a long time since I made these prior to sharing them with you! It wasn't because they weren't good, they were, believe me! What happened is the picture got buried in my "to blog" file and I forgot about them!

John loves anything cookies 'n cream flavored so when I discovered Dove's cookies 'n cream flavored chocolate bars I bought some for him. He instantly gave them back to me and asked me if I could make him a dessert using them. This was a few days before Christmas so I decided to make a tray of these cookies to serve for dessert on Christmas Day and we all loved them. The Dove bars added a nice soft contrast to the depth of flavor from the semisweet chips. I feel almost silly talking about how much we all enjoyed them since we ate them over a year ago, but the truth is they were liked, they all went, and now that I am finally blogging them I realize I need to make them again soon!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 Dove Cookies & Creme bars (1.34 oz), diced into small pieces

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix, baking powder, eggs, and oil. Stir well.
3- Add the chocolate (both kinds) and mix in.
4- Scoop tablespoon sized balls onto cookie sheets.
5- Bake 10 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment