Monday, September 23, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Grilled Shrimp


This is the last meal I made on my grill before my BRAND NEW GRILL died. Sigh. We have been loving our grill this summer but after 7-8 uses it conked out. I still have to call the manufacturer and see what they can do for us since it's really brand new. As I was waiting for the grill to heat to grill these shrimp I realized it just wasn't getting hot enough. Luckily the plan was shrimp, which don't require much heat or grill time. Had it been a steak I was intending to make I guess the meal would have had to be scratched, but shrimp are so quick cooking!

This marinade was delicious. The combo of ingredients is weird, but the flavor is fabulous. I had stumbled upon this recipe on All Recipes and decided to heavily (like, very heavily) modify it. The flavor combo was slightly smokey, slightly sweet, and full of flavor. Give it a try, we loved it!

Source: Stephanie Cooks original, inspired by All Recipes

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp ranch
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp sriracha
1 tbsp worschershire sauce 
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1- Combine the first six marinade ingredients in a zipper bag or bowl. Stir well.
2- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Toss into the marinade. Allow to sit at least one hour, up to 12.
3- When ready to cook, slide shrimp into metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers. 
4- Heat over medium-high heat on the grill, about 2-3 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment