Monday, July 29, 2013

Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies


Honestly ever since I started making cake batter cookies I pretty much never venture into trying other chocolate chip cookie recipes. To me those are the perfect cookies. However, since Cassie never leads me wrong I have been meaning to try her vanilla pudding cookie recipe for quite some time. (I should add that I'm actually quite embarrassed to be posting ANOTHER recipe from Cassie's blog right now, but hey... imitation is the highest form of flattery, no?) So these cookies... these cookies are delicious! I liked the flavor the vanilla pudding added, although I don't think I would instantly notice a difference form a standard chocolate chip cookie if you didn't tell me. With that said, they are really very good. I like the combo of milk and semisweet chocolate chips. John was pretty sad when he finished off the last of these- I guess I'll just have to make them again... strictly for him, since I'm such a good wife and all. Right... strictly for him... I'm sure I won't have any... ::wink wink::

Source: Cassie Craves

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, you have no idea how flattered I am. So flattered! :D

    We love these cookies too, and I've been meaning to try them with other flavors of pudding. I bet they'd be delicious with chocolate or butterscotch pudding too! Like I told you yesterday, you're always inspiring me to re-make things I haven't had in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love the idea of adding vanilla pudding into these cookies! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands off my cookies!!! I suppose I could give up one or two.

    ReplyDelete