Monday, April 22, 2013

Antipasti Pull Apart Pizza


One of my coworkers is a Pampered Chef consultant. A few months back she put a recipe card in our mailboxes at work for this pull apart pizza and I instantly stuck it in my "to make" file at home. I knew I wanted to make it for a party, so when Easter came around I decided to give it a shot. I had just made the garlic bread stromboli a few nights before and decided to modify the original Pampered Chef recipe to incorporate the delicious buttery topping from the stromboli. I have to say that this recipe was hands down the star of the show. I made 1/2 the original recipe since the original makes 60 pizza bites, but honestly if I made 60 I think they would have all gone! The flavor was excellent and the concept is versatile. You can switch out the toppings and really make this any way you'd like. I have a feeling this will be a reoccurring appetizer at our family events.


Side note: I cook everything on my pizza stone and never have issues with stuff sticking, but this stuck badly for some reason. Not sure if it was the Pillsbury dough or what, but next time I'll be using parchment paper under the dough to prevent that issue!

Source: Heavily adapted from The Pampered Chef

Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp Italian seasonings
1 pkg (11 oz) refrigerated French (or Italian) bread dough
1/3-1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
4 oz block mozzarella cheese, diced
1/3 cup roasted red peppers, sliced thin, patted dry
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Parsley, fresh or dried

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 400.
2- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, crushed garlic, and Italian seasonings. Set aside.
3- Remove the refrigerated dough from the canister. Slice the dough into 15 slices, then cut each circle into a half moon. Assemble the dough on a pizza stone covered in parchment paper so that the edges are touching. Bake 14-16 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
4- Brush the top with the butter mixture.
5- Cover the dough with the artichokes, cheese, red peppers, olives, and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with parsley.
6- Return to the oven and bake 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
7- Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea. I'll put this one in my 'to try' file. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete