Thursday, December 13, 2012

Baked Ziti Blanco


A few weeks ago I had the desire to make a creamy pasta dish (so surprise there- I always want creamy pasta!), reminiscent of baked ziti, but I didn't want to go the traditional route. John is a ricotta cheese hater and I was really in the mood for something with a white sauce, so voila, enter this baked ziti blanco. This was very easy to throw together and had a great flavor. John and I both enjoyed it! I used my favorite jarred alfredo sauce but you could certainly substitute your own homemade version!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1/2 pound pasta
1 jar Classico light Asiago Romano alfredo (or about 2 cups homemade)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated or freshly shredded)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large plum tomato, seeded and chopped
Parsley (dried or fresh)

Directions:
1- Prepare the pasta according to packaging directions.
2- Once cooked, toss pasta with sauce, parmesan, mozzarella cheese, and tomato. Transfer to an oven safe baking dish. Top with a sprinkling of additional mozzarella cheese if desired.
3- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with parsley. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. i was the looking for the same and related info, what you describe on your article. And found you through google search. Its helps me a lots and i understood that you are one of skill article writer/ blogger. I have book marked your blog and hope to visit again to learn more. Thanks for your valuable efforts and time.

    ReplyDelete