Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shrimp Scampi


I've made shrimp scampi several times before and blogged it. You could find the recipes here (I love this one), or here, or here, or even here! Needless to say I'm not "new" to shrimp scampi. However I rarely make it the same way... sometimes I use lemon, or white wine, or even just a ton of garlic and oil. Depends on my mood. This time though I felt like I finally found the way I love it. I wasn't even planning to blog it but after I tasted the sauce and realized I found my go-to way, I decided I need to share. It was so well seasoned, the sauce perfectly coated the pasta, and I was in heaven. I think from now on this will be my version of shrimp scampi, with the exception of the lemon pepper one I posted first- I still love that one too. One thing I'll try next time though is adding a cube of chicken bullion to the broth, my friend Natalie swears by adding that to her scampi and I'm interested in seeing how that works. 

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1/3 box of angel hair pasta
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. Italian seasonings
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1- Prepare pasta according to packaging directions.
2- In a large skillet heat the oil. Add the garlic and stir constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and chicken broth until the broth is boiling and the shrimp are cooked. Stir in the Italian seasonings, butter, half and half. Lower the heat and stir frequently. Season with salt and pepper.
3- Remove the shrimp and set aside. Add the pasta to the pan of sauce and toss. Turn the heat up until the sauce begins to thicken around the pasta. Add the shrimp back in, toss to coat, and serve with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment