Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pillowy Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm on  a winning streak with making up my own recipes for cookies, so I figured I'd give it another go. My sister was here recently and mentioned she wanted cookies, yet of course, she mentioned this when she had to leave in 20 minutes. Did she mention it in the three hours prior to her leaving? Nope. Not once. But that's my Melly... and I love her anyway. Plus, I really do owe her for years of being a mean older sister. Are we even now, Mel? Are we??

 So being the WONDERFUL older sister that I am I quickly threw together some ingredients and came up with these. I liked how fluffy they stayed, not to mention how they were chock full of chips. They were easy to make and a whole batch was done quickly for her to take with her on the road. They were tasty, but I mean with two sticks of butter and two cups of chocolate chips they didn't stand a chance!

On another note, is the quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie ever over? I've made so many varieties and love them all, but I have yet to find my *this is the one* recipe. I just love chocolate chip cookies too much to commit to any one recipe for life I suppose... sigh. 

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Melt the butter. Stir in the sugar. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes.
3- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well incorporated.
4- In a separate bowl stir together the flour and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture, stirring well.
5- Stir in the chocolate chips.
6- Using a tablespoon, scoop spoonfuls of batter onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges and the top sets.
7- Allow to cool 4-5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

3 comments:

  1. I'm eating these cookies right now. Omg delish. Made them for my boyfriend and he's addicted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New favorite cookie! YUMMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so with you on the "i like choc chip cookies too much to be able to pick 1 favorite." lol. but these ones do honestly look way good. i think sometimes i like pudding cookies and then sometimes i jut want traditional and then cake mix and etc...just depends on your mood

    ReplyDelete