Thursday, December 9, 2010

Favors Galore!

This post isn't a new recipe- it's more so to share some kitchen adventures with you!

A couple weeks ago a coworker ordered favors for her daughter's confirmation party. It was the first time I actually was hired to make something! It was pretty exciting! Unfortunately, I wasn't asked to make these until Monday and they were needed Friday, so time was short. I couldn't find a cross cookie cutter so I had to improvise. Overall I liked how they came out, especially considering I had to freehand the crosses.

Then the next week I had to make favors for my sister-in-law's baby shower! I CAN'T WAIT TO BE AN AUNT! So needless to say I was thrilled to throw myself into this project. I loved how they came out.

I made three varieties:


I really loved these onesies- they came out very smooth. I am (finally) getting better at piping. I find that I can flood them beautifully but piping a smooth outline is still on my work in progress list. 

The recipe for the cookies and icing can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment