homemade sauce and homemade crust (see here and here) to just using a Boboli crust and topping it. I'm not a hater- I like it both ways. It really just depends on my mood.
The other night I was in the mood for a quick and easy dinner so I grabbed Boboli crusts and dug through my Google Reader for a pizza recipe. Sure enough I had over 20 pizza recipes starred so I picked one and went with it. I am so glad I chose this recipe because John and I were both obsessed. The white sauce was awesome. I wanted to lick the bowl and eat all of the sauce! Plus, when you top a heavy creamy sauce with veggies they cancel each other out, right? RIGHT?! I thought so. So to sum it up- make this pizza and enjoy yourself. And if you lick the sauce right out of the bowl, I won't judge you.
Source: Chef Mommy
2 Tbsp. butter, divided
6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
8 ounces broccoli florets
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup low fat milk
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan, divided
1. Place pizza stone or baking sheet in center of oven, and heat to 425 degrees F.
2. Melt 1 1/2 tsp. margarine in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 7 minutes, or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and 1/3 cup water. Cover tightly, and steam broccoli in skillet 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp. margarine in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, and cook 2 minutes, or until pale golden, stirring constantly. Stir in milk, garlic and salt. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture thickens and begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan until sauce is smooth and cheese is melted.
4. If using homemade dough, shape pizza dough according to package directions. Remove pizza stone from oven, and place dough on hot stone.
5. Spread white sauce over dough to within 1/2-inch of edge, and top with broccoli mixture. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over top. Return to oven, and bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until edges of pizza are golden and center is hot and bubbly. Cool slightly before slicing and serving.