Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks


Chocolate chip cookies are a universal classic. I have tons and tons of recipes for them on this blog. However, that never stops me from trying something new. When I saw this recipe pop up on Foodgawker (or was it Taste Spotting? Who knows...) I instantly knew I'd be making it. When we decided to go to visit family for dinner I instantly volunteered to bring dessert- I had these guys in mind.

The process of making these is almost as simple as regular cookies, just with an added step. The only thing I will say is that I would definitely bake them a bit firm. I made them soft and that led to the middle pieces breaking in the middle because they weren't firm enough for their stick-ness.

Overall, these were quite tasty. They aren't my favorite cookie recipe but I certainly didn't mind eating them. Plus, the fact that they are stick shaped adds another fun element. Definitely worth a try! Best of all I discovered a new blog that I am obsessed with. If you haven't seen Amanda's Cookin before do look at it... I love it.




Source: Amanda's Cookin


1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half.



On a greased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 15-in. x 3-in. rectangle about 3 in. apart.


Sprinkle chocolate chips over dough; press lightly.






Bake at 375° for 6-7 minutes. (Bake for 8-9 minutes for crispier cookies.) Cool for 5 minutes.


Use a pizza cutter to cut each section into 4 large pieces to make them easy to transfer to cooling racks.


Use a serrated knife to cut the cooled sections into 1-in. strips.






3 comments:

  1. Being that their sticks is special, easy milk dipping too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looks so great, so glad you enjoyed them! I felt the same way as you, not my favorite chocolate chip cookie but that didn't stop everyone from gobbling them up :) Hope you liked the walnut chicken too! Thanks for the kind shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The presentation of various Chip Stix items that use potato chips stick can be improved upon with the help of these tools.



    ReplyDelete