Saturday, July 17, 2010

Classic Steak Marinade


The other day I decided to torture John (hehehehe) and take him to the new Italian deli that opened in town. The place is beautiful! So many homemade dishes, fresh homemade mozzarella, and a great selection of produce and meat. I was most impressed with their butcher section. I will not be buying meat anywhere else anymore! Not only was everything super clean and fresh looking but the prices were pretty good too. When we were there I picked up some fillets for dinner to reward John for being a trooper while I marveled at all of the tastiness this store had to offer. You see... John loves steak. I like steak, but not a lot. I am good having it once every 3-4 months, therefore making it really exciting for John when I do make it!

This marinade is not ground breaking. There are no "secret ingredients." It's a pretty classic steak marinade if I do say so myself. We both loved it though. I really like the combo of ketchup and worcestershire sauce and pretty much always use both in steak marinades. This one was a winner though and might be my new go-to marinade. Perfect for grilling season!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 pound of steak
3 tbsp. worcestershire
3 tbsp. A1 sauce
2 tbsp. ketchup
1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt

Directions:
1- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the steak, in a bowl. Mix well.
2- Place the steak in the bowl, flipping to coat both sides.
3- Allow to sit in the marinade at least 1 hour, up to 24.
4- Cook the steaks with your preferred method of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment