Sunday, April 11, 2010

Very Veggie Quesadillas


I am constantly looking for ways to get more vegetables into me. I love veggies but it's hard to find ways to make veggie based dinners that are also decadent and enticing to my husband. However, when it comes to John, I can put just about anything inside a flour tortilla and make him eat it. Quesadillas are a huge hit in our household. I mean can you really go wrong when you add cheese and tortillas with some salsa and veggies? I think not.

I was channeling my inner Sandra Lee with this recipe. I went to the salad bar at my local grocery store and grabbed a bunch of salad bar ingredients to make these. It makes the whole meal take 10 minutes from start to finish. You definitely can't beat that! Also the veggies are totally up to you- whatever you have or want, just toss it in and go with the flow.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:

1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup assorted chopped pepper
1/8 cup chopped tomatoes
1/8 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup reduced fat Colby Jack cheese
Cooking spray
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder

Directions:
1- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place the tortilla down and add the cheese.
2- Top with the veggies. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3- Allow to heat over medium until the cheese is melted. Fold the quesadilla in half, using the back of a spatula to push the two sides together.
4- Cook until both sides are crisp.

** 4 points when using a 2 point tortilla

No comments:

Post a Comment