Monday, March 15, 2010

Lasagna Rolls



I have made lasagna rolls so many times that I assumed they were on my blog. When I noticed they weren't I was shocked. I quickly snapped a picture so that I could blog them because they must be here. John and I aren't huge on left overs so making a big lasagna is pointless. These lasagna rolls make perfectly portioned meals. I will say that I don't like my lasagna overly cheesy so you will notice that I don't use huge quantities. If you are into a lot of cheese just up the amounts. Make this and enjoy it- John and I have been enjoying it for years.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
5 lasagna noodles, cooked
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
1 egg white
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1.5 cups tomato sauce

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Lay the lasagna noodles flat on a cutting board.
3- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, egg white, baby spinach, Italian seasoning, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Stir well.
4- Spoon an even amount of filling over each noodle. Add a tablespoon of sauce to each noodle and spread the sauce/cheese mixture over the noodle.
5- Starting at one end, roll until the lasagna noodle is rolled tightly. Place in a baking dish covered in sauce.
6- Pour the remaining sauce over the rolls. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
7- Bake for 30 minutes.

**4 points per roll

3 comments:

  1. I make these all the time. My hubby absolutely loves them (I do too)Unfortunetly he doesn't get spinach ones though...his are just plain haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recipe for Lasagna Rolls.....your pictures look great. I'm going to make this soon, so thanks for sharing.

    I just came across your Blog and I love it and will now be peeking in for more recipes.

    erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this recipe! It's one of my favorites from your blog and it's definitely one of my kids favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete