Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

With Thanksgiving and Black Friday in the past I am finally finding a minute to sit down and update my blog! I have been nonstop for the past few days between cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. Thanksgiving went really smoothly. Everything was delicious and exactly as I had planned. I did get a little frazzled at certain points but ultimately the end product was perfect. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the meal so I won't be able to update most of my meal to the blog! I am shocked with myself- but I guess I was a little busy to say the least. I figured I'd give you, my loyal readers, a brief insight into my Thanksgiving this year.

We started off with light appetizers. I didn't want to overstuff everyone.


I used the cookie place cards from my previous post to decorate the table.





And my personal favorite touch- making the leftovers into gifts. John and I don't do well with leftovers. I saved a tiny bit for us but I cook for an army so I always have so much left. I buy take out containers from the dollar store. Then we fill the containers, label them, and place them inside a cake box:

Then I wrap the box with ribbon and attach a seasonally appropriate gift. For easter I attached carrots filled with jelly beans. For Thanksgiving I attached Christmas ornaments since the holiday season is upon us.



I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing holiday spent with people they love. I know I did!

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Dollar Store today to get those to go containers. Great idea! I'm using them for my cookie swap

    ReplyDelete