Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sangria



As I mentioned previously I had some coworkers over this past week for some drinks/food/chatting. I made a few pitchers of sangria for the event because I figured it was more exciting then just plain wine. Now for those of you that don't know me in real life, I don't drink alcohol. I know many of you are raising your eyebrow and thinking, "At all?! WHY?!" Well... I don't like the taste. Plain and simple. But I love the taste of cookies, cake, ice cream, etc. So if I am going to spend some calories I am going to spend them on something I actually enjoy!

With that said, making sangria was interesting because I couldn't taste it and determine what it needs like most other things I cook. I followed the recipe to a T. The pitchers were pretty much finished, so I assume it went over well enough!

Also, as an after thought, don't mind the picture. My friend Alison came over before I photographed some of the sangria and asked for a glass. I said sure, but then promptly began photographing her glass. How rude of me, right? My poor guest just wanted a drink but I needed my picture. John is so used to not eating/drinking until I am done with my angles but other people aren't as used to my insanity. Thanks for being a good sport Al!

Source: Proceed with Caution

Sangria
750 ml red, Spanish, rioja wine
about 1/2 apple (I used green apples), sliced 1/4 inch thin
about 1/2 orange, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 lemon, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 limes,sliced 1/4 inch thick
6 to 8 strawberries, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
1 can Sprite (or similar)

Combine wine and fruit in a pitcher, refrigerate many hours, overnight if possible. When ready to serve, add sprite and mix thoroughly. Serve over ice.

1 comment:

  1. yay! I am glad your guests (seemed to) like it! I am now also painfully aware of how many typos are in that recipe, and am running to fix them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete