Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins


Ugh. Sorry about the picture... it's horrible, I know. For some reason all of my pictures of these muffins came out horrible and this was shockingly the best one.

But anyways, these muffins were way to good to not post. I made them for John's breakfast meeting and I loved them. They were so moist yet had a slight dense composition from the oats. I will definitely make them again. I highly suggest using muffin liners though because I had a miserable time getting them out of my pan. I never have trouble, everything usually just pops out. I think something about these muffins texture made them impossible to get out!

Source: All Recipes

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with applesauce to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to make these RIGHT NOW! Seriously..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These muffins sound great and I'm always looking for new muffin recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    Also, I am by no means a photography expert, but I think you might get a better picture if you took it from the the other side (instead of facing the window take the picture between the window and the muffin, make sense?)

    ReplyDelete