Sunday, May 24, 2009

Walnut Brownie Bites



Until recently baking to me meant using a boxed mix. I have since learned that nothing compared to cookies from scratch. However I have really struggled with brownies from scratch. They always turn out gooey
(aka EXTREMELY undercooked!) in the middle even after the cook time has come and gone. I really wanted to use up some walnuts I have so I found this recipe for walnut brownies. I decided to make them in my mini muffin tin so I could assure they would cook evenly.

They came out pretty good. I love fudgy brownies and these were more cakey than fudgy. However I am not THAT picky and I do feel all brownies are pretty good! My only change would be to slightly decrease the sugar next time because they are pretty sweet.

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
6 tablespoons of baking cocoa
2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of walnuts (I made half the brownies with nuts and half without. If you want them to all have nuts use 1/2 cup)

Directions:
In a small bowl, cream butter and cocoa; beat in egg, sugar and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined. Stir in walnuts.

Spoon heaping spoonfuls into a mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment