Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shrimp with Tortellini and Spinach



This recipe almost never made it to the blog. I have been having issues with my camera lately. It has been very slow, unfocused, etc. I thought it was because the camera is older and that I needed a new one. Well... low and behold the issue was not the camera but the memory card. I made dinner tonight, photographed an awesome picture of dinner (honestly one of my best pictures!) tried to upload it, and nothing happened. So my husband and I messed with it for an hour, got no where, and bought a new SD card reader and new memory card. After much messing around I lost my beautiful picture of dinner. I decided to take a picture of the leftovers but it just doesn't do this justice. There were no shrimp left over so you will just have to believe me that they were there and they were awesome. Blech- technology is annoying. But anyway- below is my original blog post prior to my camera mess:


I bookmarked this Kraft recipe and was excited to give it a try. I made it tonight and we both loved it. It was very light and tasty. If you can't find the Roasted Red Pepper Italian dressing you could substitute any Italian dressing and get a very similar taste.

Ingredients:
pkg. (9 oz.) refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/4 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
3/4 lb. cooked cleaned medium shrimp
1 bag (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook tortellini in large (4-qt.) saucepan as directed on package. Drain in colander; set aside. Heat dressing in same pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1 min. Add tomatoes and shrimp; mix well. Bring just to boil. Stir in spinach; cover. Simmer 1 to 2 min. or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.

Stir in tortellini and basil; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.

Serve topped with the cheese.

** 7 Weight Watchers points for 1.5 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment