Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Steak Bites



This recipe is from the Pioneer Woman and it was awesome. I used MUCH less butter then she did but it came out great. If your looking for a new way to make steak give this a try- we both loved it.

A little warning though- this recipe calls for a screaming hot pan. I took this step VERY literally and set off the smoke alarms- so be careful haha!!

Ingredients:
1 sirloin steak
salt
pepper
butter (I used 1 tablespoon for a 1 lb steak)

Directions:
1- Slice off the fat. Then slice the steak into 1 inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
2- Preheat a large skillet over high heat until it is smoking hot.
3- Add the butter and allow it to begin to brown.
4- Add the steak and allow it to sit and brown on one side. (The Pioneer Woman recommends 45 seconds but I like my meat MUCH more well done- I did it about 1 1/2-2 minutes.)
5- Flip the steak. Allow to cook until desired level.
6- Remove from heat, drizzle with the butter from the pan if desired (I poured it all on John's portion and he said it was great with the extra butter.)

1 comment: