Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mozzarella Wonton Roll Ups



I needed to come up with a quick appetizer to add to my menu for my mom's birthday dinner tonight. I had 1/2 a pack of wonton wrappers to use up so I decided to make mozzarella sticks. They were pretty good. My only complaint was that the cheese oozed out of a lot of the sticks because I didn't wrap them well. So if you decide to make these just wrap them carefully and be sure not to rip the wrappers like I did! Overall they were a nice alternative to the usual form of mozzarella sticks.

Ingredients:

9 cheese sticks, sliced into thirds
1/2 a pack of wonton wrappers
1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter
cooking spray

Directions;

1- Preheat the oven to 375.
2- Lay a piece of mozzarella in the center of each wonton wrapper. Using a pastry brush brush some melted butter around the edge of the wrapper.
3- Pull the two shorter ends up and then roll the wrapper completely around the cheese.
4- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
5- Spray all of the completed the sticks with spray. Bake until cheese is warm and wrappers are toasted.
6- Serve with warm sauce.

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing - great idea! And no deep frying involved!

    ReplyDelete