Thursday, December 25, 2008

Noodle Keugal


Merry Christmas everyone! Tonight we are celebrating Christmas and Hanukkah so it will be an interesting meal full of traditional Christmas food and my favorite Jewish foods. This is a dish that my mom has made for years for every Jewish holiday. It is one of my favorite foods. However, it is SO bad for you! Even though it is the most fattening thing you can eat, it is a necessity for all Jewish holidays in my family. I should also add that everyone who has tried this has loved it. What's not to love with all that cream and butter?

Ingredients:

1 pound of egg noodles
12 oz. cream cheese (1 and 1/2 packs)
2 sticks of butter
16 oz. of sour cream
1 cup of sugar
6 eggs

Directions:
Cook the noodles and pour into a long, shallow glass baking dish. (I used aluminum and ended up transferring it to glass after it was almost done, so definitely use glass)

Combine the remaining ingredients and whip until smooth. Pour over the noodles and bake on 350 for about 45 minutes or until brown on the top.

Allow to stand before serving. Best served slightly above room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. It's been years since I had a traditional kugel so thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete