Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turkey Pin Wheels



Is anyone else obsessed with the Food Network? It's pretty much my favorite channel to watch. I am not picky with the Food Network either, I watch it all. One day I was watching Sandra Lee and she made these cute turkey pin wheels. I made them today for John and I for lunch. When Sandra Lee made them she cut them into 1 inch pieces to serve as an appetizer. I just cut the wrap into two pieces and served it as a wrap/sandwich, but I would definitely make this again for an appetizer for company. They were great! I did add provolone cheese to the recipe and when I make them again I would add crumbled bacon. Below is how I made it. It is almost the same as the original, but there are a few changes.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons garden vegetable cream cheese
2 wrap-size flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
4 turkey breast slices
4 slices of provolone cheese

Directions for each wrap:
Spread 1 tablespoon veggie cream cheese over entire surface of each tortilla. Top cream cheese with 1/4 cup lettuce. Place 2 slices of turkey on each tortilla. Top turkey with 2 slices of provolone cheese.

Roll the tortillas starting at the edge. Slice the wrap in half.

** If you wanted to serve these as an appetizer, just slice them into 1 inch slices rather then slicing the tortilla in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment