Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tomato Cream Sauce


Let me preface this by saying this recipe is so easy that I am not sure if it even needs to be blogged! It is a very basic tomato cream sauce but the results are amazing. It essentially tastes like a vodka sauce. This is a meal that I have made before. As I mentioned in a previous post I rarely cook things more then once unless we LOVE them. So it goes without say that we love this sauce. It is a quick and easy weeknight meal that can be as high or low maintenance as you want (depending on if you want to use homemade sauce of jarred as your base). I used a batch of my frozen homemade marinara sauce but jarred would work too. This isn't fancy people but it's delicious!



Ingredients:
Tomato sauce (about 1.5 cups but I didn't measure... so this is an educated guess)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon EVOO
1/4-1/2 cup light cream (you can use heavy cream, half and half... whatever you like)
a pinch of parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1- Heat EVOO over medium heat. Add garlic.
2- Add tomato sauce and other seasonings. Heat over low heat until it is heated throughout.
3- Add in the cream and stir until well combined. Continue to heat over low until warmed.
4- Serve over pasta.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! VERY easy!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sauce is good, kind of like a vodka sauce.

    ReplyDelete