Saturday, November 8, 2008

Double Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


Wow... that title is a mouth full! So this week was my wonderful sister-in-laws birthday and I wanted to make something yummy for when we go to see her. I was searching through recipes for the past few days when someone pointed me in the direction of these cookies. They looked delicious and brownie-like. I decided to change the recipe a little and add peanut butter chips to the mix. Who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter?!?!?!? The recipe below is what I actually made.... to see the original click on the link above!



Now onto my review... These are deeeeeeelicious! They were so moist and chewy and I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Yum! Also, I really prefer chocolate chunks over chocolate chips. Since I am a chocolate lover they create a much greater chocolate to cookie ratio (Ok... maybe I am thinking too much about this haha). I would say these cookies almost taste like brownies... which is perfect because the birthday girl is a big fan of brownies! Overall... big thumbs up!

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Baking Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 350ยบ F.

COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chunks. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. The brownie cookies were a big hit with my sister for her b-day.

    ReplyDelete