Monday, November 3, 2008

Applebees Cheese Quesadillas


In high school you could find my friends and I at Applebees just about every Friday night after 10. They had 1/2 priced appetizers after 10 and honestly, to a high school kid that is quite the deal! One thing I always got was the cheese quesadillas. While I am not a huge fan of Applebees now, I still have a spot in my heart for those quesadillas. So when I stumbled across this copy cat recipe I knew I wanted to try them. Quesadillas are so easy to make. They literally come together in 10 to 15 minutes and they are so good. This recipe was awesome and tasted similar to the Applebees ones! I didn't make them with chicken because I prefer my quesadillas without chicken, but the original recipe does call for chicken so decide which way you want it! The ingredients below are for each individual quesadilla.


Ingredients:

2 slices lean bacon (sliced into 1/2" pieces)
2 flour tortillas (8" diameter)
softened butter (softened for lightly spreading on tortilla shells)
1 tablespoon pico de gallo
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I didn't measure... I just covered the pico and bacon)
picante sauce or salsa


Directions
1- Bake bacon ( in a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet) in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
2- Once done, pat dry and chop into small pieces.
3- Spread butter lightly on one side of the flour tortilla shell.
4- Place buttered side of shell down, into a non-stick fry pan (I used my grill pan) that has been preheated on medium heat.
5- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of bacon over entire shell, then add 1 tablespoon Pico de gallo, and 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese over the bacon.
6- Place the second flour shell on top of fixings, buttered side up.
7- Cook for about one- two minutes just long enough to heat the inside ingredients and then carefully flip the quesadilla on the other side and finish cooking.
8- Cook until the tortilla is lightly toasted and gets golden in spots.

1 comment:

  1. Look at those tasty grill lines. That's a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete