Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tortellini Primavera



So have you noticed the abnormal amount of pasta recipes in my blog lately? Yea... sorry about that! I don't know what happened... I am so anal about my meal planning and varying up what I make but somehow I have made a lot of pasta lately. John and I love pasta so it's not a huge loss... and you can make pasta so many different ways that it never gets boring! I promise my next blog entry will not be pasta... although maybe I shouldn't make any promises haha!

This meal was so good. Let me start off by saying how filling this is. John and I normally have no problem finishing a bag of frozen tortellini between the two of us. I don't think we ate much more then 1/2 of this recipe. I guess the spinach really bulked it up! It was a very heavy sauce (in my opinion but I don't eat many cream sauces) but we loved it! I think we will definitely have this again which is huge because most meals I only make once unless they really wow us. I also liked how colorful this was. It looked so pretty on the plate!

This recipe originated from this blog. I highly suggest it if you are looking for something delicious, rich, and filling.

Ingredients:
1 cup mushrooms, chopped (Omitted... John has a phobia haha)
½ cup chopped onion (I used a few shakes of onion powder)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp. margarine
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tomato, chopped
¼ cup milk
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 t. Italian seasoning
salt and pepper, to taste
family size cheese-filled tortellini, cooked and drained (I wasn't sure what "family size" meant. I used the standard size bag of frozen tortellini)

Directions:
Heat margarine in a skillet. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and sautee. Add all remaining ingredients except tortellini. Heat until all have melted together and are well blended. Cook until the mixture just begins to boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in tortellini.

1 comment: