Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pan Seared Shrimp in a Lemon Garlic Sauce



This recipe is so simple. It takes 10 minutes from start to finish and it is tasty (and healthy!) When I am short on ideas or time I always turn to shrimp. There is so much you can do with them. Tonight I made pan seared shrimp in a lemon garlic sauce. That's a lot of words for a very simple recipe! I liked it a lot, John loved it... over all a success and I will definitely make this again. Now the recipe is one that I made up as I went a long, so you can really modify this with more/less of any ingredient.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb. peeled and deviened large shrimp
1 tablespoon of light butter (or real if you prefer)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, minced
Parsley (a few shakes of the spice container)
Crushed black pepper to taste
A pinch of red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like spicy food)

Directions:
1- In sauce pan, combine butter, garlic, lemon juice, and seasonings.
2- Heat until butter melts and begins to form a sauce with the lemon juice.
3- Sprinkle black pepper on shrimp, toss in sauce mix.
4- Cook until pink on both sides.

1 comment: