Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs


Growing up our grill was by far the most used kitchen tool. My dad grilled dinner most nights of the week over the summer and at least a couple times a week year round (snow never held him back!) So when I went there last weekend for a day to spend time with my parents I knew I wanted to make something that could be thrown on the grill. I love cooking for others and since it's currently just John and I, I like to take advantage of opportunities to cook for my family when I go to their house. Needless to say, they don't mind either! These kabobs came out awesome. They were light and healthy, easy, and had just the right amount of flavor. I served them with garlic couscous and it was the perfect summer meal. Give these a shot, you'll be glad you did.

Oh, and just so you know, my dad set up the flowers in the background of the picture up top. He has an insane garden full of vegetables (the peppers were from there) and tons of pots of flowers... so he decided to "stage" my picture for me. Not half bad if I do say so myself!

Source: Slightly adapted from Cassie Craves

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breasts, cut into chunks
2 cups pineapple, cut into chunks
1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into chunks
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
3 tbsp. orange juice

1- On skewers, alternate pieces of chicken, pineapple, bell pepper, and onion. Repeat until the skewer is full and all skewers are complete.
2- In a bowl stir together the BBQ sauce and orange juice until well combined. Spoon over the kabobs, rotating to spoon the sauce evenly over all sides.
3- Grill until cooked though.

8 comments:

  1. These look fab, great for an evening of grilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you soak the skewers?
    Plus, I really wanna make this!! Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you soak the skewers?
    These look divine! Can't wait to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did soak them for about 30 minutes but next time I'd do even more- some still burnt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these kabobs. You've inspired me to make them again! I'm glad you liked them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the staging with the flowers! It looks great! And I loooooove grilling; we grill year round too! Nothings going to stop us from getting our grill on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this!
    These were delicious! I really loved the oj mixed with the bbq sauce! I am looking forward to my leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete